Joanna approaches fitness keeping emotional and physical goals in mind. She believes in motivating clients to find balance in incorporating fitness and healthy habits in to their lives. Her goal is to give her clients the tools to succeed and transition to healthy living. Joanna believes in taking her clients out of their comfort zone, challenging them physically and teaching them how to use their bodies efficiently and effectively.
Joanna works with various training modalities but enjoys teaching functional movements and applying kettlebells, body weight movements and the Crossfit Method to her training. Her in depth knowledge of fitness and health from her Kinesiology and Health Science education is always reflected in her training and teaching clients. In her spare time, Joanna has tried many sports including mountain and road cycling, running, adventure racing and climbing. Most recently she completed two half ironman distance races, including the Ironman Calgary 70.3 race.
- Specialized Honours BA in Kinesiology & Health Science
- CanFitPro Personal Training Specialist
- Twist Conditioning Sports Movement Specialist
- Sport Strength Specialist
- Level II Russian KettleBell Certification
- Computrainer – VO2 MAX and Anaerobic Threshold Testing for Cyclists
- Crossfit Level I
- Advanced Strength Training (DTS-AST)
- CSEP Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT)
- CPR & Emergency First Aid